All our natural candles are lovingly hand poured using ethically sourced ingredients and created to provide you with hours of fragrant bliss. To keep them looking and burning at their best (and safest!), here are some tips to ensure the best scent experience and long burn times.
How to Burn Your Candle
- Light your candle in a well-ventilated room or studio away from drafts or fans which can contribute to rapid or uneven burning.
- Burn your candle for approximately one and a half to two hours at time on each burn. Burning for less time can cause the candle to ‘tunnel’. This is where the wax builds up around the jar’s sides.
- Stop burning the candle when 10mm of wax remains at the bottom, and always keep an eye on a burning candle when the was is low.
How to care for Wicks
- Keep the wick trimmings and matches out of any wax pool as this may act as a secondary wick, causing faster burn times.
- After extinguishing the flame, straighten the wick. Ensure the wick does not move or slant and keep it away from the edge of the jar to prevent cracking.
- Trim any long wicks to 5mm when the wax has set. Long or crooked wicks can create high flames, smoking or sooting and we don’t want that!
We provide an estimate of burn times for each candle. However, as our products are naturally sourced burn times can vary depending on blends and how they are cared for.
Use this guide to get the most from your candles and we hope you enjoy them.