On The Vegan Rocky Road to Delectabilityedit
Vegan Treats really do hit the mark for following the cruelty-free path and satisfying the palate and the conscience.
These little treats are perfect for ensuring the business of dessert links with the ethics of caring about animals. Oh! And it helps if you are a chocoholic.
- a 20cm square baking tin lined with baking paper or coconut oil.
- 1 cup ground almonds.
- 1/2 cup pitted dates.
- 1 cup melted coconut oil.
- 3 tablespoons of cacao powder.
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter (I didn’t have any so used cashew butter).
- 1/2 cup dried mixed berries. I used an Aldi pack of raisins and cranberries.
- 1/2 cup chopped Brazil nuts (or any other nut you fancy).
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Whizz the ground almonds and dates in a food processor until they form a gooey paste.
- Place on a lined b and pop into the oven for